Eyefinity with Leadwerks

Mason

Hi,

I am going over game engines for use in my upcoming game. Is AMD's awesome Eyefinity easy to implement? Or is that like a recode of the game engine...

idk, it looks cool. It'd mostly be a side feature of the game, not a main one. Leadwerks has everything else I'd need. I'll probably buy it with the release of 3.0

Eyefinity should work directly, because it only needs a custom screen size, which LE can do:

AMD Eyefinity Technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios which is required for panning across three displays.

You are aware that if you buy LE3 only, it will be more expensive than buying LE2 first?

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I've been coding since LE v2.21 on 3 monitors for a long time now courtesy of Maxtrox Tripplehead2Go. So long as Eyefinity works in a similar transparent way (a single virtual display device) it shouldn't matter. Just set your screen resolution and go.

If it requires specific support then it's probably not worth the trouble unless you're doing OEM work or a simulation project which requires it.

As far as I've been able to determine, ATI's Eyefinity SDK is mostly about pulling driver specific information about bezel management and aspect ratios.

Aspect can be easily compute in leadwerks friendly format with:

aspectratio = float(GraphicsWidth() / GraphicsHeight()) ;

The bulk of the ATI docs on Eyefinity programming seems more "best practice". So Leadwerks should work out of the box with Eyefinity. Any special commmands for supporting it should come from using ATI's SDK which is a matter for the programmer.

http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/ADL_ATI_Eyefinity_SDK_Whitepaper_v1.0_FINAL.pdf

Hope that answers your questions.

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo