How do you get the current LOD for a model?

Niosop

How do you get the LOD that's currently in use for a model? Specifically I'd like to do it in Lua. GetModelDetail doesn't do it (it returns the LOD base level in use). I suppose I could calculate the distance and go from there but I'd rather use a built in function if there is one.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

Hmm, I'm really confused by the LOD system right now. I have a model w/ two LOD levels (base and LOD1). In the Spawn function I Notify(model:CountChildren()). This displays 2, both Mesh objects. During the update cycle I display model:CountChildren() in the entity's Update function. If the camera starts in range of the model to display the base LOD, then CountChildren() switches to 1. If the camera starts far enough away that LOD1 is displayed CountChildren gives 2 until you move close enough that the model switches to the base model, then will remain at 1 regardless of how far away you move.

The actually LOD model switching works fine, it's just the CountChildren function that is confusing me. Anyone have any ideas of what it's doing?

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender