Tutorial Files

Dozz

Last weekend was the first proper free time I've had to play with Leadwerks, partly due to having 2 jobs and not much free time, but also because I had installed VC++ 2010 and I couldn't (was too lazy to) figure out the configuration settings as they are different to VC++2008 in the getting started C++ PDF. On Friday I got 2008 running and using the wizard it's simple to get started. Now I am working through all the tutorials and reading blogs and the forum pages. I'm hooked (my girlfriend saying my laptop is my 'other girl'). I did post re:c++ tutorials last month (now gone) but Aggror stated that tutorials are being rewriten, hopefully Aggror is contributing and making videos, he makes very easy to follow tuts, thanks for sharing. Now the main reason for the post, links to some support files are now broken and I'd like to download them, can they be uploaded again please (it's important to us noobs). And also Font Studio.

Ta very much,

Paul

(noob since zx81 peek n poke days, hmm I wonder if it's still in my Ma's loft)

btw, it's an hour later in the UK than the time it says for the post. I'll use that as an excuse for being an hour late for work in morning :)

I remember having to use 2 pixels to display more colours on the C64. I remember the first hard drive bought, 2MB for the Amiga and it was about 3 months salary :)

hi Dozz,

The website had a bit of a drawback last week. The entire forum was reset to novemeber of 2010. Parts of the documentation (if not all) are gone.

You can access the resources page via this link:

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/page/resources

At the moment you can only access that directly via the main website and not via werkspace. I hope that Josh fixes this soon.

As for future tutorials:

As soon as Leadwerks 3 is out I want to make new tutorials. This time I will go a lot further then the basics. I will cover proper Raycasting, Animation, GUI etc. but this is something for the future. The actual tutorials are not being rewritten (at least not by me), the documentation on the engine usage is/was part of my job. I am not sure what my current task is at the moment as I have yet have to receive an answer from Josh.

Thanks Aggror, I do have some of the PDF's and can copy and paste into C++ but I would have liked to have a play with tweaking the code using the models and textures associated with the tutorial. Oh well, no worries, I hope someone downloaded the files and can upload them back at some point.

I just downloaded font studio from the Ogre Forum :)