Lua Class Update

coldfire

Well, its been quite some time since I've messed with LUA-based entities and I've noticed quite a lot has changed. I am curious if you would set it up like:

function class:Update(model)

Or if there was a different way of doing it. If its not too much to ask, I'm sure a simple example of rotating the model would show me exactly what I need to know. I've searched through several other script to find an example with no luck. Thanks in advance.

x_coldfire_x.png

AMD 64 X2 3800+ | 3G DDR2 667 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit | Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 512MB DDR3

there are several examples in the lua forum... but here is a quick and dirty script to rotate the model:

require("scripts/class")
local class=CreateClass(...)

function class:CreateObject(model)
       local object=self.super:CreateObject(model)

function object:Update()
	object.model:Turn(Vec3(0,1,0))
end
end 

this assumes that you have downloaded at least the oldest version of 2.30, since there was a change from multi-state to single-state lua and inherent scripts have changed since LE 2.3 was first released

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

there are several examples in the lua forum... but here is a quick and dirty script to rotate the model:

require("scripts/class")
local class=CreateClass(...)

function class:CreateObject(model)
       local object=self.super:CreateObject(model)

function object:Update()
	object.model:Turn(Vec3(0,1,0))
end
end 

this assumes that you have downloaded at least the oldest version of 2.30, since there was a change from multi-state to single-state lua and inherent scripts have changed since LE 2.3 was first released

Yup, i was using the multi-state system before, so this was completely new to me, lol. Thank you so much for the snippet. Its just what I needed. I didn't realize it was inside the class:CreateObject(model) function. Thanks a ton!

Randy

x_coldfire_x.png

AMD 64 X2 3800+ | 3G DDR2 667 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit | Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 512MB DDR3