Any idea why my model looks red?

Digital Anime

For some reasen when I want to load an animated model I bought I get these weird texture/material colors

When I apply the same material to a cube the cube handles the texture fine.

animered.jpg

I got the model in lot's of formats and tried converting them into gmf using uunwrap 3

I'm using the latest version of Blitzmax and Leadwerks Engine 2.4.

The textures included where in jpg format, I converted those to dds and used GenMat to create the Mat files.

So I wonder if the issue is with the gmf or the mat file?

Any ideas?

I would say either check your .mat files and make sure everything is right (texture names) and make sure you are using the skin shaders in your .mat files also. Animated files I guess require this skin shader to work correctly.

Is there any tool which is usefull to check this besides a hexeditor? And what does GenMat.exe do exactly? It's just that I don't understand the way how materials work and why the cube doesn't have this issue, I would expect it to be red too if the texture/material was broken...

I can't remember the skin shader name exactly. Maybe do a search on the forums (if you can get it working), for skin shader. There might be an example in the LE folder of it also. There are a few tools on the forums that generate mat files for you and some know if your model is animated and will automatically put the skin shader in. I can't remember where these are and I'm not at home atm, but that looks like what your issue is.

Quick donkey bridge:

red model = your model has bones and animation, but you didn't specify a _skin shader in the .mat file

black model = your texture is missing mipmaps

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■