Problem calling loadscene when using DarkNet

Chiblue

I am using DarkNet as my FTP/UDP engine to provide multiplayer communications with a dedicated server program... Everything has been working until I try to use LoadScene function in LE. When this runs I get a DarkNet error stating the following

"An Error occured in the internal function (_ManageCompletionPort) whilst executing. The cause of the error is unclear at line 882 of the file ".\CompletionPort.cpp". Error code -1 Version "Release v1.1.7 (Sep 18 2009, 16:07:44)". Woudl you like to exit?"

I do not understand why LoadScene would affect TCP or UDP comms, can someone give me some idea of what is happening, does LoadScene perform and TCP or UDP communications?

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

I'm quite sure by now someone would have noticed it. There are hundreds of LoadScene calls every day by many users. On the contrary, I have also heard that the DarkXXX modules are quite buggy - probably because they are quite expensive and people don't want to pay extra for each core engine feature, so they haven't been tested by so many users in practive.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I actually found the problem, and this was purely by accident, but what happens if if you try to use functions in LE like LoadMesh, LoadTexture, LoadModel etc... within a callback from DarkNet you get this message, I am assuming that something in these LE functions is trying to do something that causes DarkNet to fail.. I change my code to move all these from within any callback steams and everything is working fine...

On the contrary, I have also heard that the DarkXXX modules are quite buggy - probably because they are quite expensive and people don't want to pay extra for each core engine feature, so they haven't been tested by so many users in practive.

Lumooja - can only talk from experience and I agree in general products like DarkGDK, DarkPhysics etc are buggy, which is one of the reasons I came to LE originally... but I don't know how much you know about DarkNet but this is not produced by The Game Creators, just like LE it is sold through The Game Creators, but the actual product was developed outside the Dark products, I believe it is called DarkNet simply becuase the first iteration of the product was written for DBPro... Given the buggy nature of The Game Creators products I would not have gone this way if it had been from them.. this product is very similar to LE and is a one man band who created it and supports it, for support you get direct contact with the creator so things get resolved quickly.. I have had several issues all either design questions or problems and within a few hours I have always got a response with enough detail to work through...

I have the product working now, written as a dedicated server and the game clients... the communications and packet passing works very well and so far (only had 3 clients running) seems to be fast.

The only other DarkXXX product I use is thier AI engine, which I use in my server to spawn and control bots in the client... although so far I am using simple AI control (hope to expand it once working).. I have found the my client can forcus on "look and feel" for the game, while my server focuses entirely on game mechanics like spawning, weapons, characters, AI interaction the client simply places players and AI and moves them based on what the server tells them, so far it works very well, this is the same mechanism that games like BF2, BF2142 BF BC2 all use, the single player games are really a multiplayer but running a local server that provides the AI control...

Anyway, if you want to take a look - DarkNet Website

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..