What is best for performance?

Manuel

Hello.

I'm created a small town in 3D World Studio. The town is small but he has houses, roads, sidewalks, some house with complete interior, parkings, etc, etc. I estimate that when completed, the small town will have many polygons. All the scene is created with 3D World Studio (only the basic structures, the objects as lamps, vehicles, beds, tables, etc, O will build with Blender, but all is on one only scene.

Is it good this method to create a town, or I should separate objects? for example, create some houses, roads, etc, and then create the scene with LE editor, placing all object in it?

Haveing the town as one big object sounds like a bad idea.

for example, create some houses, roads, etc, and then create the scene with LE editor, placing all object in it?

Thats the way i would do it.

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

Is it good this method to create a town, or I should separate objects? for example, create some houses, roads, etc, and then create the scene with LE editor, placing all object in it?

Of course each building must be as a separate object: in this way you'll be using instancing.

I have a question about indoors and portals: i remember, there were a post from Josh with "tunnel" level, there were something about portals. So, it "portaling" works by default, or i must enable it?

I mean, if i have a labyrinth from separate models like this

= \ 
 ||  ||
 \====/ 

would the portals, that are not visible, be culled by default?

Working on LeaFAQ :)