GMFconv Beta 0.9

tkunze

The GMFconv model converter is now full functional (at least what i intended to implement).

I could import a dexsoft model package now in less than 1 minute without any manual intervention.

The download link contains the software and the user manual.

If you used the GMFconv alpha version before you need to delete all gmfconf.ini files to avoid problems.

Feature list of GMFconv:

• Scale models with a defined scale factor

• Scale models to a defined height

• Provide individual scale/height factors for each model in the folder

• Convert OBJ or FBX files to LeadWerks GMF

• Convert BMP, JPG or PNG to DDS

• Create all MAT files (diffuse, bumpmap or specular)

• Floor model

• Swap Axis (e.g. if Z axis is used as height )

• Correct model matrix after FBX conversion

Screenshot of the options dialog:

http://www.darkmountain.de/leadwerks_form/gmfconvinterface.jpg

Download link GMFconv Beta 0.91:

Download GMFconv Beta 0.92 (12/09/2010)

Download GMFconv Beta 0.91

Download GMFconv Beta 0.9

When I start gmfconf.exe it never asks me for the Leadwerks directly. It goes right to asking me for the model files. The docs say it should ask me for my Leadwerks dir.

Also it doesn't seem to make the correct mat file for animated models? I have a character model and I think those need to use the skin shaders, but this doesn't seem to do that.

It looks like it does the entire directory, but it asks me to pick a file. I would think it would ask me to pick a directory instead of a file if it's going to do everything in the directory.

If a gmfconf.ini or a gmfsettings.ini is located in the same folder like gmfconv.exe it will read the LeadWerks location from here. If you delete the files it should ask you again.

The MAT files are created based on simple templates for diffuse, bump and spec_bump. But you can modify the template by your own. Just hit the button "Create Material Template". This will create a materialtemplate.txt in the conversion folder.

If you hit the button "Open Material Template" you get the template in notepad and you can make any change you need. Once finished just re-run the conversion and you have the correct MAT files.

The file picker is a simple standard control which runs everywhere. It is too much unecessary effort to create a folder picker.

I updated the program with the following features:

- Now you can choose to convert the selected file only or the whole folder

- skin shaders will be used automatically if the model contains animation frames

- a second material template is available to define different templates for animated and non animated models

I uploaded a new version which contains now every feature i had as command line tool before . The new version contains the following:

Create one model for each texture variations:

Many packages contain e.g. one FBX model and many texture file which build different characters. GMFCONV can create one model per texture variation to speed up this process.

It is now possible to provide a fixed texture file for bumpmaps and specular maps which will be used for all models in the folder. This is also based on the needs of some model packages where all materials share the same bumpmap and specular map.

You can download the new version with the link above. I also updated the attachment.