2.40 msvc 2008 console project / wizard error

afecelis

Hi everyone,

Ever since my last "sync" with 2.40 I'm getting the following error when trying to create a project using LE's wizard (check image attached please):

Indeed, if I check the folders, the .vcprojs, and the other files reported are missing. Has my installation become corrupted? Has anyone got an idea on how to fix it?

kind regards,

Alvaro F. Celis

EDITED: OOOOPS! I apologize! silly me! I had the wrong path :blink: Mods please remove my post.

post-22-048760100 1283553721_thumb.jpg

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

Hey Alvaro, if your leo\console\vs2008\ folder is empty it shouldn't be .. as far as I know .. I have project.vcproj and project.vcproj.user in my 2.4 install .. have you tried syncing to see if the files get installed as they are missing?

Edit:: Just saw your Edit.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

You know me MG :blink: always screwing things up! lol.

BTW, I'm checking your latest posts on bmax code. Have you got a "latest and greatest-loading scene example code"? ;)

Also on your c++ and beer days when you created your loading scene example (here):

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/topic/381-scene-loading-example/page__hl__simple+fps

your second version of the code (the update for LE 2.3) still works great today, but in it you forgot to include the line to add the skybox, yet if I use the line from the original code it generates errors since it was bound to framewerk and lua I think.

Mind if I bother you once more and ask for help on how to load a skybox nowadays? ;) (meaning the 2.40 days).

prost! :D

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

You know me MG ;) always screwing things up! lol.

BTW, I'm checking your latest posts on bmax code. Have you got a "latest and greatest-loading scene example code"? ;)

Nope pretty much the same, but I tend to write my code as I go along and tidy it up later lol

Also on your c++ and beer days when you created your loading scene example (here):

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/topic/381-scene-loading-example/page__hl__simple+fps

your second version of the code (the update for LE 2.3) still works great today, but in it you forgot to include the line to add the skybox, yet if I use the line from the original code it generates errors since it was bound to framewerk and lua I think.

Mind if I bother you once more and ask for help on how to load a skybox nowadays? ;) (meaning the 2.40 days).

prost! :D

If you are loading the scene from an sbx file you created in the editor then "LoadScene("abstract::YOUR_SCENE.sbx");" should load your skybox straight in. Have you got the scripts folder in the root of your project folder?

No bother at all Alvaro, but I dont remember ever drinking beer ;):D:blink:

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Hi everyone,

Ever since my last "sync" with 2.40 I'm getting the following error when trying to create a project using LE's wizard (check image attached please):

Indeed, if I check the folders, the .vcprojs, and the other files reported are missing. Has my installation become corrupted? Has anyone got an idea on how to fix it?

kind regards,

Alvaro F. Celis

EDITED: OOOOPS! I apologize! silly me! I had the wrong path :blink: Mods please remove my post.

use this one instead

AV MX Linux

No bother at all Alvaro, but I dont remember ever drinking beer

aha! then Macklebee is the beer guy! :blink:

Thanks guys and MG for the replies. I'm trying to catch up once more with LE and your help really is a shortcut that saves a lotta time.

regards,

Alvaro

ps. Gonna try the skybox as you suggested MG. BRB with any issues.