License question

Jimmbimm

Hi there,

I just want to ask, how long the license is valid. Because there is not much information about the license itself it would be good to know before i buy it.

So, how long do I get support (Updates, etc)? Or is the license restricted for Version 2.x?

Best regards,

Jimm

P.S. sorry for my bad English :).

Indefinatly. Although minor upgrades are free, you will have to pay for the large ones.

For instance, upgrading from 2.32 to 2.4 was free, but from 2.4 to 3.0 will not be. Buying 2.4 now and then upgrading to 3.0 will be cheaper then waiting for 3.0 and buying the engine then though.

Cheers!

Alright, thanks for the quick response :D

Get used to it, no one likes to wait on Werkspace. :)

Besides, as he said, the license is forever "valid", meaning you will have the permanent right to use the engine. As the EULA states however, the warranty period lasts 30 days, in which you will be able to obtain a refund in case of a software defect, but not if you actually "don't need it anymore". This warranty is only valid in the U.S.

That said, one thing has to be mentioned: I don't think anyone ever used the refund. Heck, I think most people would rather upgrade their computer to run the engine instead.

Have fun with the engine and welcome to the community :)

Hi again,

i'm still using DX Studio(since two years), my license there is valid for one more month and I'm looking for a new engine. And it seems like Leadwerks Engine is the best Engine i can get (and handle :)) so far. DXS is a great engine with a great community too but, it actually doesn't fit to my needs anymore.

But anyway, it seems like I will come back leave my money here next month :).

Greetings from Germany :D .