.NET Headers 2.0

L B

Hi and great work. It's good to see solid support for C# and continuity in development :) ... although I'm struggling with event callbacks, to be precise with the collision callback!

I don't get it working. I always receive a FatalExecutionEngineError which reads as follows:

The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x662cee12, on thread 0x1950. The error code is 0xc0000005. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.

Some code to it:

var groundBody = new Body.Box(10, 0.1f, 5) {CollisionType = 1};
var ground = new Mesh.Cube { Color = Leadwerks.Color.SandyBrown, Scale = { X = 5, Y = 0.2f, Z = 2 }, Parent = groundBody };

groundBody.Position = new Vector3( 0, -0.5f, -1 );

var sphereBody = new Body.Sphere(0.045f) {  Mass = 1, CollisionType = 1, Elasticity = 2f};
var sphere = new Mesh.Sphere { Scale = new Vector3(0.05f, 0.05f, 0.05f), Parent = sphereBody, Position = sphereBody.Position};

sphereBody.Position = new Vector3(0, -0.65f, 0);

sphereBody.Callback(sphereCollisionCallback, (int)EntityCallbackType.Collision);

The main loop:

while (!Window.HasRequestedClose)
{
     if ( Leadwerks.Keyboard.KeyHit(Key.U)) {
           sphereBody.Velocity = sphereBody.CalculateVelocity(new Vector3(0, 1, 0), 3.125f);
     }

Timing.Update();
    Framework.Update();
    Framework.Render();

Leadwerks.Graphics.Flip();
}

And the callback itself:

public void sphereCollisionCallback(IntPtr entity1, IntPtr entity2, Vector3 _position, Vector3 _normal, Vector3 _force, float speed) {
           Core.HideEntity(entity2);
       }

Is this a bug in the implementation of the headers when handling callbacks / delegates internally?

Did I make some mistake somewhere?

I am using Visual Studio 2010 Prof, Windows 7 x64 and the latest C# Headers 2.0 from Aug. 26th.

Glad for any help I can get ...

Best regards

post-1460-019185200 1283137209_thumb.png

Are you utilizing our custom engine DLL, or the one provided with the SDK?

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

FatalExecutionEngineError

I have attached a small test class that should reproduce the behaviour. Simply call it quick and dirty using:

new TestCollisionCallback().RunTest();

Edit:

And press the "U" Key once or a couple of times, so that you see a sphere jumping up and falling down (I admit, it's way too fast).

As soon as collision is detected, the error occurs.

Best regards

TestCollisionCallback.txt

Edited by alphabit