bodies parented to vertices?

Rick

I don't see how you could parent a mesh's vertices to a body. I think you would only be able to parent a mesh to a body. Now you could always define a mesh with the vertices that need to get parented to the body. I guess the only other option would be to do it manually. Instead of using ParentEntity and letting the engine do all of the work, you can get the body's matrix and apply it to the vertices every clock cycle or whenever it is needed. Those are my thoughts on the subject. Rick if you don't mind me asking what do you need to do this for?

Intel 2nd Generation i5 Quad Core Running at 3.30GHz. 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 460 1024MB DDR5.

Was just thinking this could produce some interesting effects. Not sure how efficient it would be, but might lead to some funky stuff. Like if a cube had enough verts in it, and you applied this to it and randomly applied forces to all the bodies but kept their movement to a certain range it could create some kind of blob looking thing. Then if you applied that to a plane it might create some interesting water effects.

You can iterate through the surfaces/vertices to morph your model. But I think you'll need to come up with any physics interaction yourself.

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32