What is current state of the C# Headers and who administates them

Roland

In my CELLS game project I'm planning to use a mix of C++ and C#.

Before going into the C# implementation I want to get some things

explained so I know what the current state is.

Is there one and only set of those headers. I'm not clear on this as

there are 3 pinned topics and one variation called C# SVN, another one

called .NET Headers. Are they the same thing or different projects?

Is there someone that administrates the headers or is a mix of different persons?

Where is the working current set of code and projects available?

I checked out from C# SVN but that one has missing project files.

So. Is there a working set of Headers and Projects somewhere else?

AV MX Linux

Josh said he would include them in the SDK, and I think Lazlo and Tyler are the active maintainers who keep the SVN uptodate. And I inform them about any changes in the C headers and LEO, so the C# headers will stay in sync.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Tyler and I maintain them. They are up to date as Josh provides us with code and update news frequently. However, the updated, stable and usable version is not public yet - only Tyler and I have access to the SVN.

(Note to the developers who have sent me private messages to get access to the SVN: Access will be given after the next major release. We believe it is importabt we lay our ground structure before letting people tinker with it. All who request it will get source access, and trusted developers will be allowed to commit officially. Again, we will distribute builds in binary (DLL) form on this forum, so you don't need to worry about compiling. )

It is a trustable choice to use C# for your game development, I would however strongly advise you wait for the next major release that will come with many great new features and improvements.

On a last note: There are many forum topics about the headers, and I would glagly clean them up, however as these are not official (yet), no moderation by Josh can be done in these forums.

Tyler and I maintain them. They are up to date as both Lumooja and Josh provide us with code and update news frequently. However, the updated, stable and usable version is not public yet - only Tyler and I have access to the SVN.

(Note to the developers who have sent me private messages to get access to the SVN: Access will be given after the next major release. We believe it is importabt we lay our ground structure before letting people tinker with it. All who request it will get source access, and trusted developers will be allowed to commit officially. Again, we will distribute builds in binary (DLL) form on this forum, so you don't need to worry about compiling. )

It is a trustable choice to use C# for your game development, I would however strongly advise you wait for the next major release that will come with many great new features and improvements.

On a last note: There are many forum topics about the headers, and I would glagly clean them up, however as these are not official (yet), no moderation by Josh can be done in these forums.

Thanks for that information.

OK. I will follow your advise and wait until next major release then.

I have so far used C++ only for development with Leadwerks.

I'm quite familiar with both C++ and C# (I work as a professional software developer using both of them).

A project I recently worked with at my work was a windows driver along with some user interfaces. Some parts

of that application framework was very time critical and would normally make me do it all in C++. However of

some other reasons C# was preferred. The whole thing worked just great with all in C# except a very small part

written in C++ used by the C# code. This convinced me that using C# for game development will work just fine.

So I will gladly join the family of C# users here and would also appreciate SVN access when you find it possible.

Thanks

Roland

AV MX Linux