Core returning IntPtr's?

Rick

So what's up with Core.CreateX commands all returning IntPtr? I store pivots in a dictionary of objects with a key of string, but having issues casting back when I need it. Says can't cast from IntPtr to Pivot. How should I be casting things back to their type when they are created with Core.Create...

You really shouldn't be using the Core commands, or atleast that is the aim and paradigm of the OO Wrapper.

The IntPtr is the handle to the Leadwerks-managed entity, so new Pivot(the IntPtr) will result with what you need.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

It is being spearheaded by Lazlo, we kind of have our own specialty areas that we both contribute from.

Basically there will be two ways we intend people to use the wrapper:

- 100% OOP with no exposure to the Core class (recommended)

- 100% Core with no OO (not recommended)

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png