Poser, Daz3D and Similar Software Support In LE

Shard

I'm looking into purchasing a 3D Character generation software (with animation) and I'm wondering how well LE supports these softwares.

Of course these softwares can output into multiple formats that can then be converted into gmf's but I know that our team has had problems with the way a model is skinned, etc.

Also, I tried to export an obj into a gmf, but the program disappeared (the process was still running but it just took up massive amounts of CPU time and did nothing, I had to end the process)

If someone could explain this quickly, as Smith Micro is having a deal on Poser till the 31st of this month (half price, $250 instead of $500) I would be rather grateful.

Edit: Has anyone had experience with such software? Would you recommend one over the others?

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

Hi Shard,

As I understand.. Daz has a new Eula which allows purchasing of a licence for Poser Characters for game use. They have developed a kit which reduces poly count and changes the quad polys to tris and makes multiple maps into a single one. It also includes an .FBX exporter. Havn't tried it but have seen videos of Poser Characters animated in Unity. Look ok too at around 5000 to 10000 ks. The only issue I can see is that Leadwerks doesn't support Morphs (Please change this Josh).

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

Hi Shard,

As I understand.. Daz has a new Eula which allows purchasing of a licence for Poser Characters for game use. They have developed a kit which reduces poly count and changes the quad polys to tris and makes multiple maps into a single one. It also includes an .FBX exporter. Havn't tried it but have seen videos of Poser Characters animated in Unity. Look ok too at around 5000 to 10000 ks. The only issue I can see is that Leadwerks doesn't support Morphs (Please change this Josh).

Whats a morph?

simpleSigPNG.png

Programmer/Engineer/Student

www.reikumar.com

2.6 GHz Intel Core Duo - nVidia GeForce 8600 GT - Windows 7 64-bit - 4 Gigs RAM

C++ - Visual Studio Express - Dark GDK - Leadwerks SDK

It's an alternate form of animation as opposed to skeletal animation. Often used for facial animation from what I've seen.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++