What is the 'right' pipeline for LE?

degac

First: I dont' know where to post this question.

Second: I know many of LE's users have 3ds Max studio - but is not for my pockets (and more, my 3d skills are very very low). I'm using Deled (a simple 3d editor - it does its work but I have problem with textures and materials...I need to test more) and now I re-tried Blender in the its last version 2.5.2 alpha - the interface is another planet.

Is Blender the 'right' (and free) choice for LeadwerksEngine?

Thanks

Phenom II X4 955 Asus HD5770 4GB Ram WindowsXP Sp2 BlitzMax

www.graphio.net www.graphioware.com

I think blender is the right choice for you..there are tons of tutorials that can get you started learning everything there is to know about blender. You may find the UI kind of overwhelming at first. But just focus on the tutorials and you should be fine.

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

Many users are using blender in this forum. and if you know what you want to model and find out it's techniques, there will be not much difference between max, maya, blender..

and about using blender with leadwerks engine, if you can export to obj, dae, fbx in any aplication, you can simply convert it to GMF. :P

Omid Saadat

OD Arts Blog

AMD Phenom II X4 940 - Geforce 8800GTS - 4GB RAM - XP x86

AMD 6000+ - Geforce 9800 GT - 2GB RAM - XP x86 (Home pc)

Intel Core i7 - Geforce 310M - 4GB Ram - Win7 x64 (Laptop)

Many people find the Blender UI much easier to learn than conventional UIs. There's a tutorial called "from noob to pro in 5 minutes" for Blender, which shows you how the UI is very easy to use.

The new Blender 2.50 has a conventional UI like 3DSMax, which I don't like, but then again the other many people will like. But it's always like this, the people who whine the most (usually the noobs), influence the developers most, and things get worse. Naturally the noobs win all votes too, since there are only a few pros, so all products will be "designed by noobs" :P

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I would have to agree with the other replies. Blender is a great starting point and all arounder, but there are better programs out there. If you get some money and wanna get a nice cheep great modeling program you could pick up Silo from Nevercenter.

I started with Blender and moved onto Silo after finding it easy and robust.

Now I use Silo for my low poly modeling and export to Zbrush to do highpoly modeling and texture baking.

But its really up to you and how you wanna work, and what suits you wallet.

Intel Quad Core 9550 (2.83GHz) 4Gbs DDR2 800 RAM, 1Gb ATI Radeon 5870, Windows 7, LE 2.3

There is no 'correct' modelling app. Whatever modeller you use, Ultimate Unwrap 3D should be able to read your mesh, with animation intact - then use uu3d's gmf plug-in. With that set up, you can use:

Free Blender

Cheap Milkshape

Expensive MAX

or just about any other modeller in existence

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)