[SOLVED] Problems with FileSystem

ZioRed

When I call something like the following:

string filepath = Leadwerks.FileSystem.GetAbsolutePath("abstract::crawler.gmf");

The Core.AbstractPath() call returns me an error (Attempted to read or write protected memory)... but when I tried it some weeks ago it worked. Everyone else may try this?

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

I doubt, it should be some problem with the Core.AbstractPath, because loading it with Mesh.Load("abstract::crawler.gmf") works fine.

What is strange is that when I suggested to you the code in the other thread it worked, now the same command did not.

From that moment I downloaded several SDK update, may be something changed in the last engine updates (I'm using 2.31). Now I'm going to try that function in a C++ test client to see if it works there.

EDIT:

Tried the AbstractPath command on a C++ project and it works fine, so it's really strange. The declaration in the wrapper seems to be correct:

[DllImport(EngineDll, EntryPoint = "AbstractPath", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.StdCall)]
public static extern string AbstractPath(string _path);

Have someone any idea what may be the problem? The same command worked some weeks ago (before some updates of the 2.31 SDK), as I told, so I thought that it may be something in the last engine changes.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

Well i guess i found a way to fix it.

As you use the Abstract Path you have to set it first with:

Leadwerks.FileSystem.AbstractPath = "Data";

After i did this, it works just fine :P

PS: However its wired that it does crash if you don't set it, that shouldn't be the case.

Mfg Imp

mmh.. sounds strange, however if it fixes... Now I must going to almost re-write many part of both client and server because after the third wine glass I carelessly copy&pasted in my working source folder an old version of the solution.... leave me now to put aside that damned wine, before I think to retake the old C++ work! Q_Q

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately this issue still occurs, most times it raises the AccessViolation exception (no matter calling or not RegisterAbstractPath before it).

A quick test code for it:

static void Main(string[] args)
{
Graphics.Initialize(800, 600);
Framework.Initialize(false);
Leadwerks.FileSystem.AbstractPath = "C:/Leadwerks Engine SDK";
string path = FileSystem.GetAbsolutePath("abstract::vehicle_monstertruck.gmf");
while (!Keyboard.KeyHit(Key.Escape) && !Leadwerks.Window.HasRequestedClose())
{
	Framework.Update();
	Framework.Render();
	Drawing.Text("Path: " + path, 0, 30);
	Graphics.Flip();
}
Engine.Terminate();
}

Inside the wrapper GetAbsolutePath only calls:

return Core.AbstractPath(abstractPath)

Anyone with engine source access could debug it when used with the wrapper? I'm available for quick testing on MSN (send me a PM to be added).

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

• 3 weeks later...

My solution was lost, but it was a matter of changing ALL calls into Leadwerks commands that return strings to return an IntPtr, and using Marshal.PtrToStringAnsi to convert it to a string.

(Just re-added incase anyone searches this thread in the future)

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png