Rate My Game Concept!

Dealman

Bandits: Online  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Concept?

• Yeah, it's good for a first attempt.
    • Nah, it needs some serious work.
  2. 2. If it were made, would you play it?

• Yeah, it seems like a really cool game.
    • Nah, it's either lame or you don't play MMORPGs.
  3. 3. Cookiez, Pie or Shizzle?

• Cookiez iz teh pwnz!
    • The Pie is not a Lie!
    • Shizzle my snizzle you drizzle!

Hiya guys,

I've started working on a Game Concept as my internet went off and I had nothing to do. The Game is a MMORPG based on the Vehicular Shooter game called Bandits: Phoenix Rising. I'd like you to rate it for me, and please, be honest about the Rating. And I can take critisim as it's only good for me. And yes, this game isn't going to happend, well most likley not as it'll probably need it's own custom made Engine as well as a huge and coordinate team. Which I don't have. However, I like the idea of it.(As I've played Bandits: PR since I was a kid).

The Concept is written in .docx file. (Microsoft Office Word Document).

So... tell me what you think, and keep in mind; This is my first ever made Game Concept.

Filefront Download

Mediafire Download

Also, what part did you like the most? (If anything)

PS. Sorry for the silly polls, it's late and I'm tired. Thus giving me that sense of humour...

Sincerely,

Dealman. :)

Currently learning the basics of the Leadwerks Editor.

I kind of know the game which got you inspired -

iirc is Bandits : PR a mission based 3rd "person" shooter, terrain based in a After.Dark. setting (nuclear holocaust -> MadMax).

I like to do a "boils down to" approach in terms of gameconcepts.

as of thus

Your concept is nice to read.

However, avoid cross-referencing (see below etc.) and any obvious similarities to your source of inspiration (wolfpack etc.).

critique :

You want it all and you want it now :) -

a MMORPG, clan/class based with resource management seams a little too much imo.

However, this is how "all" RTS flashgames are working (if in space, as a pirate or what not).

So, its a general approach done many times before and you will face a lot of data management.

Because of this you might find a good bunch of gamedesign documentation/thesis through out the INet and

i suggest to give a client/frontend to the player which handles his/her current stats across the website

login data (having it saved in there profiles).

How to manage the 3D world i cant think of e.g.

using different clan havens (for stats - workshop, garage etc.)

and i miss some more "real" action_gameplay.

Some last questions -

do 3d person action gamers do like RTS elements,

what about the social component (which adds to gameplay),

what about money.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

Thanks for the Reply! :) I'm not going to create anything like this, I haven't got the experience nor the time. Also, GRIN, the Developers of the game doesn't exist anymore. So I thought using their names wouldn't do any harm.

It's just a concept that hit my mind, but I appreciate your Feedback! And I'm already working on a Project, though not for the Leadwerks Engine. :(

Ugh, even though I've got Adobe Acrobat, I'm horrible with it. Though I'll see what I can do. I also believe there's some websites where you can look at Microsoft Office files online, without any use of programs.

Anyhow, I'm going out with a few friends so I'll take a look at it when I get back. :) Thanks for all the replies and the votes, 3 on good for a first attempt :(

The problem with Adobe Acrobat is that it doesn't work very well with PDF files. For example Foxit can read them correctly, so that you can also copy/paste code to Visual Studio without the line breaks and other formattings to go corrupt.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Office 2007 will output pdf files directly. Whenever I get lecture notes at uni in pptx or docx, I just go on to their computers, load office, and export as pdf so I can view at home later. And I believe in the 'Save As' screen, *.odt is listed as a format too (That being the open office text format)

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

The game itself sounds OK, although I got the impression it had not much new ideas, but was just a copy of the earlier game.

As a MMORPG it would have way too less content. MMORPGs need thousands of hours of player explorable content, not stuff which you can explore in 8 hours like in typical FPS games.

The biggest problem in game making seems to be the lack of innovation and ideas from people. I mean come on, I can imagine the wildest fantasies, and I actually hate to reproduce anything existing. It's not really that hard, you just need to get over yourself and be able forget about all that exists and being able to recreate everything in a fantasy world, in a game.

The problem isn't lack of creativity. It's the fact that creating games is big business now and big business needs to manage risks. Making games that they know will sell is how they manage risk. You can't really blame them for that. If you were head of a AAA game company would you take a risk and make something totally different and risk having to let people go if it doesn't sell well? That's what happens if you spend millions making a game and it flops. People get let go. It's generally up to the indie devs to explore new gameplay and the big boys will copy it.

You make flops with copy catting other games too, so what's the point? There is no evidence that "another doom clone" would make more or less money than "a completely new fresh brilliant idea". Although, I think there is :)

Indeed Portal was one of those new brilliant ideas, and Valve bought it.

People just happen to buy "another doom clone" games, because nobody dares to make better games, and people rather play a new "doom clone" than an older "doom clone" over and over again. Sure, you make decent money with "doom clones" also, and the workers at big companies will do them as long they get profit with them. Someone having the guts to try something new, and make much more money is a risk which a single worker doesn't want to take. He could fail!

You make flops with copy catting other games too, so what's the point?

I think you aren't understanding how risk to a business works? Everything the business does is a risk. You can't make money with some kind of risk. But there are different levels of risk. Businesses try to pick the lowest level of risk. It basically looking at the odds. Also, of course there is evidence that a DOOM clone will sell. They are selling all the time. That is the evidence. The risk with making a DOOM clone is lower than coming up with something completely different.

Lower risk is equal to lower profit, however higher risk is not always equal to higher profit, but it can be, and then it can be multiple times higher profit.

however higher risk is not always equal to higher profit

That line is basically a sugar coating to "You will drive the business into the ground".

It's "wiser" to take a lower risk lower profit than to risk it all when it comes to a business. Don't get me wrong many businesses take high risks and they do sometimes come out on top, but it's shown over time that a high risk business does not survive long term. The risk always catches up with the business.

Lumooja, this isn't a serious Game Concept. Well it somewhat is, but it won't be put in use. And I most likley won't continue on it. It should be quite obvious that it's far from done, a reall MMORPG Game Concept should be hundreds of information, heck even thousands. But I appreciate the kind words you've said to me.

And I know that MMORPG is a way too big subject to start with.

Also, I agree with Rick. There's a lot of Business that have taken high risks and thus resulting in them making no profit. However, there are business that take high risks and it turns out to be good and they make a huge profit out of it. Moderate Risks usually brings Moderate Profit, which is probably the best idea to do for some time until your budget have grown quite a bit. Then you might wanna try the higher risks. :)

fyi:

A gameconcept is the rough meat while a design document defines its nuts and bolts - two different things.

imo :

If such concept is not already "out-there" the reason might be that "some" cyberpunk MMORPG of similar concept failed to succeed.

... (whoops - seams like there is a successor available) :)

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...