Updating Models?

Monkey Frog Studio

Hello. Is there a way to update models already used in-game? For example, let's say I created a set of basic, simple models to stand-in for their final versions and placed them throughout the level. Could I later easily replace them with their final versions?

As an example -

Let's say I have created a simple tall box model to represent a column and have placed 12 of them in my level for testing purposes. After testing, I determine I like them and so I model a nice, detailed model of the column. Is there a way to swap out the one main model so that all 12 are instantly updated in the level? Or do I have to replace all 12 manually? 

I hope I am making sense. If not, ask and I will try to clarify.

Thanks. 

Creating professional 2D and 3D content is my passion!
Monkey Frog Studio

Yeah.  I do it all the time.  Just keep the names the same and simply replace the files.  Leadwerks will detect and convert the updated file.  Depending on the model you may need to reapply materials.  But the model will stay in the exact place you left it.  Also providing origin points are the same. ;)