Weapon Name

Slimwaffle

I was wondering how I would go about getting weapon name to print to screen? I checked all the code and can't find a reference to name anywhere. The closest I found was weapon file. Which prints the weapon file path to screen but does not change when swapping weapons.

Is the weapon a prefab or a model? Asking because sometimes this doesn't work for prefab parent meshes - only the child mesh. On models, it appears to work all the time. Anyways, this is how you get the name like as shown in the editor when placed in a scene:

entity:GetKeyValue("Name")

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

This is what I came up with that compiles without error. But its not printing a name value to screen.

wep = self.weapons[self.currentweaponindex].entity:GetKeyValue("Name")

context:SetBlendMode(1)
context:SetColor(0,1,1,255)    

context:DrawText("Weapon = " ..wep , 20,(context:GetHeight() - 80))

I searched everywhere. There is no reference to name. I think I am going to have to add something in myself. 

I think maybe along the lines of on weapon pick up if weapon file is = "path to mp4.pfb" then name of next index = "mp4"

Not sure if that will work.

Seems a bit tedious. Would saving all the file paths (For each item) and the equivalent name (for each item) to a table and then search matching string in table and returning name value work better?