24min CryEngine 3 Editor Video

Michael Betke

Just want to mention theres a nice vid to watch: http://nvidia.fullviewmedia.com/gdc2010/14-sean-tracy.html

Shows features, mostly how indoor stuff is done in CE3.

It's nice but I think the editor looks a bit cartoony hehe.

I'm very interesting how the game turned out and what I can do with LE to get a close look. :)

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

:) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :o

that is just amazing,lightning and power it holds is just so great

the real world is in my head

CPU-Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

CPU Speed 2.40 GHz

RAM 3.5 GB

OS Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600)

Video Card GeForce 8800 GT

Video Card Features-

*Video RAM 512.0 MB

Video RAM 256 MB 512.0 MB

Hardware T&L Yes

Pixel Shader version 3.0

Vertex Shader version 3.0

using:leadwerks2.3,2

[ dreamhead.png

this so great. There are so many things that Leadwerks is capable of of doing this as well. That light/rain shader was very well done. Surface particles is also a very good solution for ceratin animated textures and creatures. But what I liked the most was the flow graph. The linking between objecsts in that paragraph made perfect sense and is so easy in use.

what I liked the most was the flow graph

Looks pretty much the same as UDK's Kismet.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

After looking at it my definitly favorites are "blend shading". This is a very fast method to get rid of tiling and using massive decalas to your walls to cover tile effects.

Using a light for this wet effect is also a good trick.

Most other features are in there from CE2.

I really have the impression CE3 is the CE2 as it was intended to be. I even found a old feature-list of CE2 where they state procedural breaking but it was not fully done in a procedural way like in CE3.

The concrete barriers also broke very unnatural in my opinion.

this so great. There are so many things that Leadwerks is capable of of doing this as well. That light/rain shader was very well done. Surface particles is also a very good solution for ceratin animated textures and creatures. But what I liked the most was the flow graph. The linking between objecsts in that paragraph made perfect sense and is so easy in use.

yes flowgraphs

LOVE THEM

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

The rain shader was neat, I liked how it didn't rain under the object. I noticed this in Crysis that some times the walls were leaking inside.

BMax 1.38 * Leadwerks 2.4 * Unity 3.0 Pro * Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 - Win7 64bit - ATI 4870

Wow! Very impressive. They have interface very similar to 3ds max cool! (Josh, you should think about it :) ) Actually all this is possible to do in the Leadwerks engine with some more coding. :) All that features are very specific per game.

Btw how much does it cost? And if they have so nice straightforward work-flow, why do they still do their games so long? :)

Q6600@2.4GHz - 9600GT - 4GB DDR2@800MHz - Windows7 x64

3ds max / photoshop CS3 / C++

http://www.arbuznikov.com

Guest Red Ocktober

what impressed me was the fact that another big time player has adopted the deferred rendering techniques that Josh touted quite a while back...

additionally, they've taken the deferred rendering ball and ran with it in so many neat directions... applying texture projections on the deferred lighting... applying deferred rendering techniques to their use of procedural shader effects (wet layer example) which gives the ability to use world coord data to provide realistic and realtime rendering 'magic'...

the availability of blend shading is something that i could really use (being the poor texture artist that i am, a tool like this can only help)...

btw... did anyone else notice the dof effect when the camera view rotated quickly (when you turned your head fast)... i thought that was neat...

i hate using those graph-like tools where you have to connect things... that flowgraph thingee... while i'm sure would be of value to a lot of devs, it's something that i wouldn't miss...

overall... admitedly... the CryEditor would be quite a bit more than i could handle... but hell, i'd sure like to have it available... and a few years to learn how to use it properly :)

thx for the link... this was interesting...

--Mike

I was not impressed. I think it sucks.

You may get a couple of hundred people using CryENGINE®3 before it expires; however there is in the region of 25 million (worldwide) Blitz3D users.

"puki" clutches his copy of Blitz3D.

and a few years to learn how to use it properly

The editor is pretty staight forward and easy to learn due it's intuitive fashion. You can test values ans sliders and get immediatly feedback due it's interactive fashion.

I worked with 5 engines so far and I liked this editor most. It feeels very polished for artists.

Yeah, intuitive is the thing. No coding just placement, tick boxes and sliders. That's what I like about the Leadwerks Editor, it just doesn't go far enough yet. Having such an editor means that the Artist can focus on atmospherics and effects.

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7ghz, 6gb ddr2 ram, Galaxy9800GT 1gig ddr2 video card, Windows 7,64.

I was not impressed. I think it sucks.

You may get a couple of hundred people using CryENGINE®3 before it expires; however there is in the region of 25 million (worldwide) Blitz3D users.

Reminds me of the saying 'Give 25 million monkeys a typewriter and an infinite amount of time and eventually one of them will write the complete works of Shakespeare :D

Crytek do it again with an absolutely stunning looking editor with amazing functionality which probably reflects the half million or so euros ploughed into its development. Professional tools for those working at the very top of their game. Superb!

Glad I'm coding at the moment and not using the Editor as I think I'd feel a little deflated after watching that video :)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Give 25 million monkeys a typewriter and an infinite amount of time and eventually one of them will write the complete works of Shakespeare

LOL Made my day!

Glad I'm coding at the moment and not using the Editor as I think I'd feel a little deflated after watching that video

I disagree here. I used CryEngine2 in a hobbist and professional environment for 1,5 years right before I had to license a engine for my company.

Leadwerks is something like "Firefox vs Internet Explorer" to me where Leadwerks represents Firefox. Needed features are present and I can finish a project nearly in the same time like with CE2. Only fine-tuning stuff like sliders for values and UI elements like detachable and scaleable menues or a extended asset browser (to find the bunch of models in a project) plus some new key-bindings for certain tasks are missing in Leadwerks Editor. The overall polished look and feel of the Crysis Sandbox made it a bit faster to work with. But only a bit.

Maybe Josh get a UI guy in future or whatever. Then I would like to talk to him hehe.

Yes, I wasn't trying to knock the Leadwerks Editor in my previous statement and your experience with both editors is reassuring to hear. It's just the sheer exposure of all the engines properties in the CryTek editor that's amazing along with the added functionality ... a lot of which we just don't have for example the built in navmesh and AI capability. But I'm sure things will progress as time goes by, the Leadwerks Engine and tools have never stood still and I'm sure will continue to improve with input from people like yourself and others in the forum :)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a worshipper of CryTek since the early days of Crysis. CryEngine 2 have always and still is my favourite Game Engine of all time. So powerful yet so easy to use(For the amount of technology it have got.)

What makes me love it the most, is by far the Flow Graph. It's genious, easy to use and it's logical. I can't wait to try the CryEngine 3 Sandbox!

And everyone saying that CE3 is almost the same as CE2, it's not. You've seen nothing yet, that 24 Minute video only covered mereley a percentile of what the new Engine's capable of.

Keep up the super awesome work CryTek, love you guys! :)

Currently learning the basics of the Leadwerks Editor.