Question about current licence model

tec.imp

Hey there,

I'm new to this community and also new to the Leadwerk's Engine and thus I've got a question about the licence model.

If i buy the current licence, is this a commercial one, meaning i buy the engine and be able to publish my very own game without paying any axtra "hidden" costs like royalties or the like? And is this licence meant to be for one product and one product only or are there no limits to it?

Ohh and another question. On the product site it's mentioned that Leadwerks Engine can be used with C#. Is this still the case. I mean do i have the same "c-style" code or do i have actual classes while using C#?

Thanks in advance!

Mfg Imp

If i buy the current licence, is this a commercial one, meaning i buy the engine and be able to publish my very own game without paying any axtra "hidden" costs like royalties or the like? And is this licence meant to be for one product and one product only or are there no limits to it?

Yes it's a commercial licence and there are no hidden costs. The licence entitles you to publish any number of games based on the engine.

Ohh and another question. On the product site it's mentioned that Leadwerks Engine can be used with C#. Is this still the case. I mean do i have the same "c-style" code or do i have actual classes while using C#?

Yes it can be used with C#, there is an active C# community. I don't know the ins and outs of the C# implementation as I've never used it but I'm sure someone else will enlighten you on that.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Hello Impz0r !

- The licence of the engine is a commercial one, if you buy the licence you are able to sell your game without any extra cost and limitations.

- You can sell unlimited number of games B)

- The licence is a per user one, so if you are 2 people who are using the engine tools to make your game you need to buy two licence.

- As far i know the engine is working without any problems in C#, there is one sections in the forum dedicated to it and it's quite active.

I recommend you to buy this engine, it's start to be very great and the comming features are very exiting, tesselation, new networking, Highly optimized rendering system....

Have Fun ;)

EDIT: Pixel Perfect was faster :P

You guys are going to be the death of me. Josh

Updates up until the last major release of 2.30 have always been free. The 2.30 release was an additional $50 but contained a completely re-written Editor and came with LUA embedded into the engine.

It's my belief that non major upgrades will continue to be free.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Thanks guys i just received my very own copy of the Leadwerks SDK!

While inspecting the SDK directory i found quite some art content in it. I was wondering if this is also usable within commercial products or do they have copyrights on them?

Thanks in advance!

Mfg Imp