controller stucks in the air on slopes

Soamp

Hi,

I've a problem with controller. my controller works fine on flat terrains but it gets problematic when it's on a slope.

you can see it in attached pictures. one side of controller stays on the terrain and it keeps the other side in the air!

as you can see in pictures, its right leg is on the terrain when its left leg is in the air!

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Can I "AlignToGround" my controller? If yes, How?

Thanks in advance

post-580-12703855227377_thumb.jpg

post-580-12703855487396_thumb.jpg

you need to look at this blog by Chris Paulson to understand the problem you are seeing.

Hi, Thanks for your reply

I use a prepared animation for walking and use Animate command to play it while my character is walking, so character's bones are being controlled by the animation. If I use IK to modify the position or rotation of a bone then my animation would not be played correctly.

is there any other way to fix it?

thaks.

is there any other way to fix it?

Not really, if you are relying on key frame animation alone then you would need to produce animations for every possibility and apply those as and when required. This is not only a lot of work but requires standardisation of your level design for example ... slopes all have to have the same angle so you can apply your 'walk on slope left leg down animation', 'walk up slope feet at 35 degrees' animation and have them look right.

As Chris says, even some of the big game houses don't bother solving this. Those who do tend to go for combinations of extra animations and coded real time manipulation of the animations (IK and advanced animation blending techniques).

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++