Raycast strange problem...

Chiblue

I am getting a strange problem when using raycast... I am using a callback, when I raycast at an object like a wall that is designated as an entity type 2... The raycast call back which does a GetEntityType on the pick entity returns an entity type of 0...

Strange thing is... I have one static object to pass through... I get the following hits from the raycast...

Player body - expected..

0 - No idea what this is..

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

0 - ditto

1 = Terrain

There is 1 wall model between the raycast and the terrain... this has entity type 2 but raycast pick is returning 0.. also I know it is set to 2 becuase the code that sets it when I debug sets it to 2... also it has collision with my player body which is set in the Lua collisions...

Callback

int _stdcall PickFilter(TEntity pickentity)
{
int EntType = GetEntityType(pickentity);

Raycast

int hit = EntityPick(&pickent,gun,weap->maximumrange,0,0,(BP)PickFilter); 

Setting the entity type, even though this uses a default even setting this default to "2" does not work...

EntityType(e,atoi(GetEntityKey(e,"collisiontype",(str)strStream.str().c_str())));

I put a cout stream for each entity hit callbackk and this is what I get...

20 is my Playerbody... 1 is the terrain... I don't know were 0 is comming from I don't have any 0 entities

For what it is worth I hve attached a screen shot... the wall as you can see is straight ahead, but my raycast is returning the terrain on the other side, and why all the 0s this is the only object between the player and the wall...

post-263-12687915743459_thumb.jpg

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..