Graphics problems with FPS models..

Chiblue

After spending the entire day trying to understand this problem I am still none the wiser..

Basically I have a gun model with animation... in UU3D and Model Viewer everything works, when I use the model using a 3rd Person camera everything is fine... but when I set the model into the position the gun needs to be in world co-ordinates, when I level the gun model is disappears, when I move up or down it re-appears... the model is rotating with the camera actually it is set as a child entity for the camera... so the distance from the camera is not changing... so I don't see how CameraRange is the issue, this said I changed the camera near range to 0.0001... as small as I can go without causing render errors...

If I move the model away from the camera in the z axis i.e. "forward" it does not disappear... even if I have the mesh shown and rotate it still disappears at certain points... this seems to be at 90 degree incrememnts from the spawn rotation, and anything that is level.... i.e. parallel or there abouts to the ground... see the attached now you see it now you don't...

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated...

post-263-12673257856334_thumb.jpg

post-263-1267325799654_thumb.jpg

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

Have you tried UpdateNormals(mesh) on the gun mesh?

When normals of a mesh are not correct, it will also randomly disappear from view.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

Tried it still not working... It obviosly something to do with the camera culling the mesh but I don't know why the entire mesh when I have had culling issues previously. Just faces did not get rendered not the entire mesh, I will keep trying thanks for the help.

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..