Looping over an entity script functions in C++

Rick

I have the below code and when I'm looking at the App table it works just fine. It loops over the functions perfectly. However, when I put in the name of an entity script it bombs on lua_next() with access violation. What is different about the App table vs the entity script Tables that get created? Is there a way to get the instances of entity scripts from it's filename (if I recall the name of the lua file is what the table gets created with).

I'm working with NoesisGUI and working on making a codebehind file that is in Lua. The plan is that we'll have load a xaml file from NoesisGUI. The base name of that xaml file will be the same name as a lua entity script file. The user will attach the script to a pivot and inside define their event functions. In the LE C++ project I'll get that entity script table and loop over all it's functions looking for a prefix that tells me it's a NoesisGUI event callback. The format will be:

function Noesis_ControlNameInXamlFile_Event()

end

When I see a function start with Noesis I then get the control name and find that Noesis control, and then find the event name (Noesis has a way to get event delegates via it's string name) and bind the event to a generic C++ event. When Noesis calls this generic event inside of it I'll concat the Lua function name and call it for said Lua table. I'm packaging all this up into 1 nice and easy C++ library so users just have to call a few functions in their C++ LE project and everything is handled for them.

However, not sure how to get lua entity script tables in C++. Anyone have any ideas?

[EDIT]

OK, decided to just make normal Lua "static classes" to handle this. But would still be interested to know if we can get entity script tables from C++.