Prefabs

SlipperyBrick

I am trying to make some prefabs of my modular components. I have a prefab inside Maya LT and I multiple material ID's for this prefab so different materials can be placed on their appropriate surfaces.

Whenever I export from Maya LT and start to assign the material's to their surfaces in the 'Model Viewer' in Leadwerks, my first material goes on fine, my second material doesn't. This is also the same for every other surface I try to assign a material too.

Am I missing something in Maya LT? Or am I doing something wrong in Leadwerks?

http://i.imgur.com/fwjZVgv.png

You can see in the above screenshot that my materials have gone onto the right surfaces and everything is fine.

http://i.imgur.com/XYGHZFp.png

In the above screenshot on the new 'prefab' mesh, the only material that seems to be assigning properly is on the light which is on 'Surface 0'.

Any help on this would be appreciated because I am going to be having a lot of modular components in my game so prefabs are important for my level :D

Cheers,

Lets not confuse terms here - a "prefab" in LE is one or more models/brushes combined with a possible script attached and typically set with specific physics properties. What you are importing to LE is just a model that has several surface materials.

Without seeing the model itself, we can only guess, but I would suspect that the walls do not have the UVs appropriately mapped which will cause a smeared color to appear instead of a texture mapped across the surface. Or the materials have not been properly created. If you want more help you will have to post the model/materials in question.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel