collision issues

drarem

My issue is, with physics turned on convex doesn't look right.

I modelled a generic lunar lander, around 1900 polys. I'm testing a little complex modelling with it. I follow this method

blender: export 'joined' model to leadwerks .FBX format directly into project models folder

LE3:

right click added model, add convex shape

physics tab, add mass of 15.0 (tried 1.0 too)

Either shape file or the dropdown convex gives me the attached image, collision looks like a cone shape

With no collision, i can manipulate the 'lander' just fine.

With box, sphere, or convex it hangs in the sky. I can barely turn it.

I'm wondering it might be because i have some of the parts of the lander going through other parts before joining it as a single mesh.

Thanks.

post-8999-0-64662500-1421237534_thumb.png

Thanks, I have a strange error though. I can collide with a plane or imported mesh using polymesh, but with the built-in terrain the demo game crashes on coliision. I created a displacement mesh and added it to the terrain, but it's not being displaced. The texture is also repeating.

Thanks, I have a strange error though. I can collide with a plane or imported mesh using polymesh, but with the built-in terrain the demo game crashes on coliision.

You aren't supposed to be using polymeshes for moving objects. They are more for environmental objects that don't need to be moved. Was that what you were trying to do? In fact, I don't think they have any physics properties to them, and they might be causing the crashes.

I created a displacement mesh and added it to the terrain, but it's not being displaced. The texture is also repeating.

I'm a little confused by this. Do you mean a displacement map (texture)? I don't think there is such a thing as a displacement mesh in Leadwerks, but I could be wrong.

The displacement map on the other hand causes a lot of confusion because it sounds like it should displace the terrain, but it actually has different purpose. It is sort of a mask texture that allows you to have nonlinear blending.

If I'm not answering your question correctly, could you maybe post an example project/map?

Ah I see. It may be a bug. Could you possibly upload the mesh and the script for it or make a video of it? If you don't want to that's fine, but it's hard at this point to guess what might be causing it. If it is indeed a bug, I'm sure Josh would want to look at it too.