[Question] Can you change the point of axes attachment?

theSHaDow212

Kind of. You can parent the object to a pivot. So basically, you create a pivot, and drag the object onto it in the Scene tab. Then you can control the pivot's movement, which will control the object.

But the object's axes do matter if you try to pin it, or turn, or make it point at something using scripts, don't they?

Well, if you apply the script to the pivot, then it would work. It really depends though. A lot of times it's just easier to import it into a modelling program and change the axes there.

Thanks for answering. And the last question: can I export .mdl files to some modelling programms?

i think u want move the mesh itself to a other position, then u have a new origin.

if u export a model often its center is the world center point 0,0,0.

means if u want handle a one meter cube at bottom u move it up 0.5

also some modellers can set new origon where u want.

i belongs if u export selected objects only on a scene.

the surface class can move vertices.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

I dropped a barrel model into the scene and applied monster AI script to. It works and the barrel goes after me but the origin/orientation of the barrel is probably not like a character so it sinks into the ground sidewards. I tried to create a pivot and apply the ai script to that instead hoping I could use that as a new origin point and I made the barrel a child of the pivot but it doesn't seem to work. Is this something that can be done? I'm just testing stuff out at the moment using the basic brushes and assets.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

the pivot and the sub barrel must be orientated same the monster, u can turn and move the sub object that hang at this pivot in scene editor. (in theory, i not tested myself)

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...