Making Lua custom API's (with Leadwerks C++) and using them in Leadwerks editor

1Garrett2010

Hallo,

I searched the forum for this before to avoid asking questions already answered, I didn't find anything on this.

Basically I'm finishing a bitmap font editor with C++ and DirectX, and have done a C++ class to load and display text with a font done in my own editor.

Simply I wish to know if its possible to expand Leadwerks Lua API's (using Leadwerks C++) in order to use them in Leadwerks editor Lua scripts. Of course I would replace the DirectX calls I currently use to display my font with Leadwerks C++ API image writing calls.

If this is possible its awesome.

Thank you!

It is possible, there are various way of doing it one is outlined here;

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/138/entry-1288-pushing-complex-lua-tables-from-c/

Not mentioned in the blog, but in the source file are additional classes "luaMemberFunction" and "luaFunction"

Which lets you add functions to your lua table.

Alternatively you could skip the that and just push the functions directly with (lua_pushcclosure), but I think wrapping them in a global table will do much to prevent name clashes and it looks prettier.

if you do chose to to go the manual way you should remeber to use Leadwerks::Interpreter::L

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k