Ability to spawn multiple objects in their model defined locations

alrusdi

Current .mdl file format allows to define root object position/matrix. But when you adding object in LeadwerksEditor it takes into count only rotation and scale defined in model.

I suggest to add context menu option 'Put to map' for each model in Assets tab which will be place model to map with respect to defined in file position. Futhermore if user selects multiple objects - option should be also available and put all selected objects into theirs position defined in models.

It will allow to define full scene in external editor, or generate some reference points for camera positions for example.

Could you not set the position to 0,0,0 of all your models and if they have their local offset already, which is what I was wondering if they do or not, then it would look exactly like it did in the 3D modeling app?

Oh, i little bit misunderstood you. As far as i know current engine does not support local offset at design time. You can deal with hierarchy but it cause problems to reuse models in other maps.

But even local offset support is not solution for my problem. It is still will be need to manually set 0,0,0 for initial position in editor to get model correctly positioned with local offset