Debugging in c++

Shadoh

Hey guys, it's me again rolleyes.gif

I'm trying to get some of information out of my c++ game, it does some self-tests at startup, and I'd like it to be able to write in to a debug screen somewhere, I've tried Debug::Error(s) but nothing appears, I've also tried System::Print(s) but also nothing appears.

Also breakpoints don't seem to have any affect, probably because it's not running from within Code::Blocks, is there a way to run it with breakpoints?

Do I have to sort out my own debug screen or something? Thanks!

Did installing xterm on your system fix the breakpoint problems you were having in Code::Blocks? I have tried using Code::Blocks in the past on WIndows and Linux, even with xterm installed and was never really able to get good results while stepping through my source in Code::Blocks.

Welllll, they work, I can add watches to see the contents of variables, and step through code..

I don't have much c++ experience (I still have trouble with things like passing arrays of classes to a function), so I can't really say what it compares to other c++ IDEs. This is really the hardest I've ever worked with it.

I come from .Net/Mono, FreeBASIC, and most popular scripting languages. Oh man I'm missing c# so bad (I even tried embedding mono, but realized I'd have to learn c++ either way), please tell me this gets easier haha