New terrain questions?

Andy Gilbert

Just a few questions regarding the upcoming terrain.

What will the maxium size be?

Will there be any "environment" entity for skybox etc?

And im assuming nothing with this one, but whats terrain without vegetation?

Will there be any vegetation system? Ive imported vegetation models, but shadow mapping seems to not use the alpha, instead it uses the geometry, giving unpleasent shadowing.

Thanks

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

Anyone know of any of the above? Even the size would be good? In leadwerks 2 we had a size in km that we coult relate to, what this to be in leadwerks 3?

Thanks

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

I can't remember that Josh said anything about the size, but I would bet that the maximum size of the heightmap will again be 4096x4096, and of course it will depend on your chosen scale (m/px) what the "real-world" size of your terrain will be. I think in the LE2 editor there was a maximum scale (that you probably could override in the project file), but your maximum terrain size will be constrained by floating point accuracy, z-fighting and jittering more than anything else.

I am also a bit nervous about the vegetation thing since we haven't seen any screenshots so far with trees or foliage. But there's some time left until the end of the month...