LE 3: license/purpose

aarrowh

I'm very interested in Leadwerks 3, but I have a couple of questions about it before I would purchase.

Is the engine no longer focused on PC development, and focused at it's core on mobile?

If I purchase the engine can I deploy on PC/Android/iOS or are there separate purchases needed?

I think all platforms have an equal focus. However, since Leadwerks 3 is new to mobile, it might seem that most of the focus lies most on mobile. From what I have seen around the forum, the majority is still focussed on PC.

You purchase separate licenses for:

- Windows/Mac

- Android

- iOs

Combinations are possible.

Aggror is right but just to make things clear, you buy the pc/mac initially and then he iOS and android are modules/addons you can purchase at anytime.

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

Guest Red Ocktober

right now i think that the focus is on mobile... pc graphics capabilities have been degraded from version 2 to accommodate the new vision...

the workflow has been improved over 2 though... and new capabilities have been added to the editor that make development more accessible to a wider audience...

and there is a promise that enhanced graphics capabilities will eventually return as part of the package...

but right now, i think that the focus is toward mobile game development...

the cost of each license is on the store pages...

--Mike

Each module costs the same, and you need PC for mobile, so the only combinations possible are to get additionally one or both mobile platforms, you buy the PC version either way.

Regarding the focus, I'd recommend you to check out the road map of future development, it was very nicely laid out, but I can't find the link anymore, shame, it would give you a good idea on what to expect in the near future.. but advanced graphics and a terrain system are in very high demand here so it's very likely that will become a priority soon.

And since we're trying to be clear here, some of the future engine updates are planned as payable, but there's no official details about that, all subjected to change