Textures Look like Point sampled?

jaydude

Oh yes I reallize that but this is not what I mean. It looks like the far magfilter is set to Point sample not miplinear. From all the samples I have seen in this engine it seems this is set like that in all their texture samplers. This must be changed as it looks real bad.

Perhaps the Developer of Leadwerks can help me on this, as I am looking at purchasing this so far great Engine! upping the Anisotropic sampling is not the solution I was asking for. How can we set the far / near sampling Mipmapping to linear mode? I can attach a screenshot to clarity if required, thanks again!

Interesting, I've never really noticed that!

I doubt that the editor is able to show the scenes in such a condition - he most likely doesnt had the filter settings in his sample + some pretty low screenresolution.

At some point josh provided the less compressed, highres terrain textures for licensed leadwerks users for a limited time ... at first i thought that not having them could have been the issue - it usually looks much, much better - even if dds textures can be borked to a point at which no filter will save the day. I actually cant understand why artists work 14 days on highres models and distribute the extracted normalmaps in .jpg or compressed dds files ... "ok - iam done ... that was hard ... now lets destroy it".

So, if you bring in your own art this might not be the norm ... a little "comparison".

Left the default road_node texture - right the high-res terrain textures.

>>link because screenres<<

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

I actually cant understand why artists work 14 days on highres models and distribute the extracted normalmaps in .jpg or compressed dds files

I've often wondered that, I guess the drive to reduce the final byte count was a big factor in the past but shouldn't be any more. Nice scene btw :)

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Try turning on trilinear filtering. If that doesn't make a difference, open the DDS file in Windows Texture Viewer and see if it contains mipmaps.

Tried the trilinear filter does not do anything with this issue. The texture had no mipmaps and I replaced it with one which has and still the same issue (also converted the normal map to one with mipmaps).

In general this issue seems very apparent and makes the final results look bad. Don't get me wrong , I am loving this engine so far! It is logical, well designed and easy to use and open, however please have a look at this issue as I think it is a simple fix.