fps creator to leadwerks

dennis

Yes, you can convert the FPS Creator .X models directly with Leadwerks X2GMF.exe tool.

Q: What format are the models in?

A: Microsoft DirectX .X files with DDS or TGA texture files.

I'm not sure if X2GMF.exe supports animations, but you can post a feature request in case it doesn't.

The only free alternative to UU3D would be Blender, which might be able to read .X files and save them with animations to an .FBX file, which Leadwerks can then convert with the FBX2GMF.exe tool.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I've found that Fragmotion does a better job with the FPS Creator .X format files than UU3D. UU3D has a tendency on some of them to drop vertex assignments on animations when reading the files in, causing issues with the animations. I convert mine first into another format using Fragmotion then use UU3D or one of the provided converters to convert to gmf.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I've found that Fragmotion does a better job with the FPS Creator .X format files than UU3D. UU3D has a tendency on some of them to drop vertex assignments on animations when reading the files in, causing issues with the animations. I convert mine first into another format using Fragmotion then use UU3D or one of the provided converters to convert to gmf.

That's also my experience with .x files. I've found the best intermediary format to be .SMD (halflife2) for importing it into blender/3dmax/UU3D/etc before converting to gmf