Water / Ocean

Hi all,

As the topic title suggests, I am looking into making a port of my current development (Sailing / Trading) as a test for a possible move to LE2. Some of the more long-serving members may remember my LE antics back in the day, although i have lost touch with where the engine currently is (probably been away for 18+ months now).

I have been playing around in the editor and couldn't get a nice ocean effect. I am only currently looking a visuals and am not to concerned about buoyancy/correctness etc. Now it could be that I was randomly playing with water settings and not finding an optimal result. My main issue was where the water meets terrain and the refraction (just didn't look right to me - too full on). Like I said, I was only playing in the editor.

My game is mainly top-down (about 60 degrees camera)... google Anno 1404 if you want a visual of the rough camera settings.

Anyway, if anyone has made a nice water/ocean and they could post a photo (using a top down'ish camera) that would be great.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance,

- Matt.