Shadows

graytest

I used the new editor for the first time yesterday, and when adding a directional light, I get no shadows from the objects placed on the terrain.

If I run the the map in my own code (using Framewerk) I get shadows.

Did I miss some setting or something in the Editor?

Windows 7 64-bit

nVidia 9800M GS

4 GB RAM

Intel Core 2Duo, P8600 @ 2.4GHz

Excuse me for stating the obvious if you have, but did you create a terrain first as you can drag and drop models without one but you won't get the shadows!

I guess if you see them when running the map in your own code then you did mellow.gif

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Yes, I have small terrain (128x128, 1 meter per tile). I have three trees from the DexSoft packs on it.

I've tried rotating and moving the light. I've deleted it and created a new light, and then rotating and moving this one. I've tried moving the camera and light closer to the objects. Nothing so far has worked.

I've also looked through the settings menu for option to turn shadows on/off but didn't find any such thing.

And as I said, when running it in my own C++ app, shadows show up as supposed to.

Windows 7 64-bit

nVidia 9800M GS

4 GB RAM

Intel Core 2Duo, P8600 @ 2.4GHz

Hello,

I don't know if you having the same problem i experienced but i solved it thanks to the comunity like that way:

Look in the editor in the directionallight "creator". make double click and it will open the lua script. then you have to look for that:

function InitDialog(grid)

base_InitDialog(grid)

group=grid:AddGroup("Light")

group:AddProperty("Resolution",PROPERTY_CHOICE,"256,512,1024,2048")

group:AddProperty("linearoffset",PROPERTY_VEC3,"","Linear offset" )

group:AddProperty("shadowdistance",PROPERTY_VEC3,"","Shadow distance" )

//The above line have to be PROPERTY_VEC3 like you see here because it is PROPERTY_INT

//or something different to VEC3

group:AddProperty("Range",PROPERTY_FLOAT)

group:Expand(1)

end

Hope it help you and sorry if it is a litle confusing :D