Gamelib, LUA and collisions

Chiblue

I have modified the collision_const.lua and collisions.lua to create a set of custom collisions, I have checked and everything appears to be setup correctly, and my entities are getting the correct types, but my controller keeps sinking through the terrain..

It maybe something I am doing with the engine, I have Vista 64 and due to the UAC I have leadwerks engine folder in both my program files and it's own folder on my D drive... I run all the tools from the D drive otherwise I have to run everything as admin which is a pain in the but... anyway... I have placed my customer lua scripts in the appropriate folders in both places, plus I have a copy of them in my project... The question really is how doe these get processed, are they stored in the sbx file, of read at runtime (which I believe is the case) , and where will it run from, the include in my project points to leadwers in the program files folder, but my abstract path is my project folder which also stores the scripts...

Can someone please clearly explain to me where these need to be for the editor and runtime of my project, I just cannot seem to get this correct... also how can I verify in the project that these scripts are being read... Oh as a side note I am using LEO, I am also using parts of Gamelib, is there something I need to do to ensure these get loaded...

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

Based on what the engine.log tells me the lua scripts are being loaded from the project folder which makes sense... the problem I have is that the terrain is getting a collision type of 5, and I don't know where this is coming from?

I cannot get the collisions to work either custom or standard so now I am really confused..

I think the collisiontype of 5 comes from an old Editor version, and in the new version you can't adjust it anymore, so you have to remove/edit the collisiontype directly in the sbx file with Notepad++.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

I am not sure whether my problems are 2.4 but my last project using 2.32 worked very well, but 2.4 seems to have problems, I am tacking my project back to 2.32 and then if everything works I will move to 2.4 don't see lots of differences... so should not be too difficult..

So this is the problem I am having, see attached image... the terrain texture only covers the terrain from x/Z 0/0 to x+?/z+?

basically one quarter of the terrain... why would this happen?

In the attached you can see I am looking basically north from point 0/0 and I see terrain left, nothing right, if I turn 90 to the right I see terrain left and nothing right... but if I move onto the area without the terrain map I still have collision so there is terain just no map.