Problem with export animations!

Gilmer

Hello, im with the following problem with the exporter. I created a model in 3ds max, and i has used bones, dummys and IK Chains. And in the model, i has used skin modifier. But, when i export, i can see in model viewer, that two legs from my model, is rotated to up. With this, distort the model legs.

This image is the model in 3ds max:

http://i36.tinypic.com/4g4utd.jpg

And this, is the model em model viewer:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2zh46bn.jpg

Cut skin modifier, add Editable mesh modifier, add Editable poly, past skin modifier, re export.

PS. very good model! :)

Omid Saadat

OD Arts Blog

AMD Phenom II X4 940 - Geforce 8800GTS - 4GB RAM - XP x86

AMD 6000+ - Geforce 9800 GT - 2GB RAM - XP x86 (Home pc)

Intel Core i7 - Geforce 310M - 4GB Ram - Win7 x64 (Laptop)

Hi Gilmer! Its quiet strange issue you have. I think the problem is in skin modifier and it's settings. Check the option to use maximum 4 bones per vertex. It should be somewhere in the skin modifier. If you will have no luck, I can check your model if you like.

PS. Hope I understood right and you used my exporter to export the model.

Q6600@2.4GHz - 9600GT - 4GB DDR2@800MHz - Windows7 x64

3ds max / photoshop CS3 / C++

http://www.arbuznikov.com

its possible to have sort of tutorial to explain what to do for correct export skins and animations before export in leadwerks ?

Actually all my attempt give me a spinning of the entire 3d models insteed of having working animation for example i have buy a 3d models of a cow i add bones make a little animation (walk or just moving head) result in same thing the spinning model in leadwerks.

So if we can have something to tell us what we can do or not for making skinning and export correct animation will be useful for lot of people.

Thanks by advance (all other things work great with this tools)

N.B : i use 3ds max 2009 x64

other questions by the way, long time ago i was using blender so it is more easy now for making animation with it ?

no info about my problem ? because begin to be annoying to export tons of time and always having this entire spinning models and no animation (for butterfly i separate wings from corps and just autokey and move wings and that working) maybe something to do with bones or something.

Actually, there are many tutorials and lessons about correct modeling, skinning, rigging and animating out there in the Internet.

The rules are the same in almost all cases. And actually you might even don't know which engine you will use but you always have to be able to see if your model is correct. It comes more from the experience than from tutorials.

Anyway, if you have the problem with particular model and cannot solve it, I can try to help and take a look at the model and say what is wrong. I'm always open for conversations, and always glad to help.

Start from screen shots. Or you can send me your model and I will try to export it properly. And don't worry I wont use your model anywhere or send it to another person. But anyway screen shot may clarify what is wrong.

PS There is also pdf file goes with the exporter. There is some info about exporting animated and skinned objects.

Q6600@2.4GHz - 9600GT - 4GB DDR2@800MHz - Windows7 x64

3ds max / photoshop CS3 / C++

http://www.arbuznikov.com