Modelling a vehicle for LE

Ywa

Hi,

I was wondering how exporting of vehicles goes. I tried to make a simple vehicle (as you can see) and put the monstertruck wheels on it (using a copied script). However, the vehicle goes through the terrain/floor (screenshot). Is it because my phy file doesn't take care of the wheels (screenshot), like the other ones seem to do?

In short: Anyone got a few tips for making a vehicle work in LE?

Thanks.

- Ywa

I can think of the following:

1. Make sure that the wheels are not intersecting with the vehicle. Since the wheels and the car have a phy file, things can get ugly.
  2. in your modeling program: place the pivots for the wheels a little lower to test things out.
  3. Make for both the car and all for the wheels a convex hull phy file.

I haven't tried making a vehicle myself but these are things that others experienced in werkspace topics.

• Upvote 1

Tried to create my own wheels to make sure the phy files are correct. But they have a wrong rotation (even if I rotate them again in 3dsmax) (screenshot).

LE lacks some serious tutorials and modelling source files (for example, I wish we had the original max/fbx/3ds file of the monstertruck + wheels).

Do they rotate this strange when you are driving or are they already this weird when the object is created? When I look at the screenshot the wheels are penetrating the vehicles body. When they do that, the rotation direction will change because they are interfering with each other. (nice car name by btw :))

Could you send me the files you currently have (including max files)? I will have a look at them and see if there is something wrong.