Laptop for Leadwerks Engine

Flexman

I think this thread was eaten by the web monsters. But I had a lot of problems shopping around here in the UK. The helpful advice given by all was taken on board. Many of the machines suggested were either not available over here or had some strange UK Pound = US Dollar relationship that blew prices into orbit.

In the end I settled for a Toshiba Qosmio X300 with an nVidia 9800GTS which was around 800 UKP (didn't want to spend much more than that) and runs my helo project at around 40 fps when sat in the cockpit complete with second TADS camera which is pretty impressive for a portable.

So thank you Lum, Josh and others for the tips.

6600 2.4G / GTX 460 280.26 / 4GB Windows 7

Author: GROME Terrain Modeling for Unity, UDK, Ogre3D from PackT

Tricubic Studios Ltd. ~ Combat Helo

From what I've heard Acers break down quite often. My sister also had one and it broke during warranty. Usually they just stay black, maybe some motherboard/component/chip failure.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

You know why? The guys who manufacture them use old parts or parts that have problems just to get them cheaper(why do you think they are 25-50% cheaper?). I know this from a guy that worked on the assembly line.

Frankly I'm looking at Asus G51J. A bit expensive but freaking hardcore in terms of performance and it's not bloated like those from Alienware.

I create the game you play. I create the rulles you will obey.

I have also a Asus GX2, but it was a bit expensive, and not the fastest (only GeForce 9600M), but it's reliable and I think quite on par with Toshiba in quality. For my next Laptop I would definitely look for Toshiba's Qosmio series.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■