MaterialEditor

degac

Hi

I'm playing with materials at the moment, so I decided to have a 'preview' of them with MaterialEditor.

But there are some bugs I think in the program.

1. the COMPILE button I really dont' understand what should do, everytime I click on it the application simply closes with 'EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION'

2. in the SHADER tab, if I press the 'notepad' icon (to edit the shader I presume...) it will start Firefox; an option somewhere to re-direct the .frag and .vert extension to the text editor prefered should be handy (.frag and .vert extensions under Windows are already associated to notepad.exe)

3. in TEXTURE tab if I select 'none' for a texture_layer (for example texture2) I cant' see anymore the model-preview (only black screen): I presume I need to COMPILE the shader to see the effect, but see point (1)

4. a different shape-model for preview would be handy: we have only a sphere, but I think a CUBE or a MESH to see the material in 'action' is a better solution.

These are only suggestion, but I would like to know if someone has the same problem as described in point (1)

Cheers

Phenom II X4 955 Asus HD5770 4GB Ram WindowsXP Sp2 BlitzMax

www.graphio.net www.graphioware.com

1) Some combinations crash, I have that too. But does a simple (example) mesh.vert/mesh.frag/mesh_shadow.vert combination crash also on your computer?

2) It's probably thinking it's some kind of protocol like http because of the abstract:: or zip::

If you want to edit the shader you need to unpak shaders.pak first

3) Yes, I've rarely witnessed a preview that was close to how it looks in-game; lot's of times there's nothing to see in MaterialEditor but looking good in-game. Preview just is not that good really.

desktop: Quad core Q6600 + 4GB + ATI HD4890 + XP

laptop: Dual core T6400 + 4 GB + NVidia 9600M GT + Vista 32