Project Darkmountain

tkunze

Attached a small video which shows the KI of animals in my project. All animals operate around their

location. If the player moves into their range they start to notify the player. After a period of time

they will attack. If the player moves out of the notification range animals will return to their location.

Monster KI High Resolution [~45 MB]

Monster KI Low Resolution [~10 MB]

dm_mon_0003.jpg

dm_mon_0002.jpg

Looking good! I like you models, the lizards and the spider are particularly good. Nice level detail too! Looking forward to seeing more.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

This is freakin awsome!! I loved oblivion...reminds me so much of it.

What kind of quests do you have lined up tkunze?

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

I also like Morrowind and Oblivion. So the game is intended to move in this direction

(of course with a smaller world).

I created a RPG Framework where i can set up npcs, dialogs and quests in an graphical user

interface. So far i only support standard quest types like:

Kill NPC or Monster

Beat NPC

Bring item to

Get item from

Talk to NPC

Visit place

But that way i can add new quests very efficient. The framework also covers dependencies.

e.g. a quest must be finished before creating a new one...

I also like Morrowind and Oblivion. So the game is intended to move in this direction

(of course with a smaller world).

I created a RPG Framework where i can set up npcs, dialogs and quests in an graphical user

interface. So far i only support standard quest types like:

Kill NPC or Monster

Beat NPC

Bring item to

Get item from

Talk to NPC

Visit place

But that way i can add new quests very efficient. The framework also covers dependencies.

e.g. a quest must be finished before creating a new one...

That is awsome tkunze, your models look great too...

Looking great! The monster AI setup reminds me of gothic(1/2) in many ways, ..they also made it so animals react to other animal types / NPCs, sort of like a food chain, .. while it was very basic it added a lot more depth as you could use it to your advantage or just resulted in some funny moments. Just something to consider for your implementation ..if you haven't already :lol:

Looking great! The monster AI setup reminds me of gothic(1/2) in many ways, ..they also made it so animals react to other animal types / NPCs, sort of like a food chain, .. while it was very basic it added a lot more depth as you could use it to your advantage or just resulted in some funny moments. Just something to consider for your implementation ..if you haven't already :rolleyes:

Yea I totally agree, that would add much depth to the gameplay. Your setup you have right now is quite nice tkunze...

Also if you dont mind me asking, what other monsters do you have setup for this game? I am such an RPG fanatic lol so I must know. Leadwerks is a game engine and thats what you are using it for, good job on this project dude and please keep it going..

• 1 month later...