Controllers affected by physics

tec.imp

Hey there,

I was wondering how one would go about using a controller with a model that is, ultimately, to be affected by physics. My first attempt was to parent the model to the controller and have the controller handle all collisions, while the model has no collision responses at all; this works fine for movement, gravity and collisions with other objects, if somewhat inaccurate due to the cylinder shape of the controller, but the controller seems unaffacted by any physical forces manually added (e.g. AddForce()), regardless of whether I call UpdateController() or not.

Is there some recourse other than writing my own controller on top of bodies that receive force by user input? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Mfg Imp

As I remember the forces don't work on Controller, I think this is a feature request too (may be by Rick?). Currently I'm just using your technique: a controller with a mesh which I move/rotate together with the controller (not parenting, just move and rotate the mesh when the controller moves/rotates, because I had unattended behaviour parenting the mesh to the controller).

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

Seems an odd feature request. Why not just stop using AddForce() if you don't want it to affect the controller? And if the request is handled, why not introduce a flag indicating whether the controller should be subject to physics or not?

But thanks for your reply :)

Mfg Imp