Mesh Names?

Dealman

Okay first off, I tried to open up the vehicle_viperscout.gmf in the Model Viewer but it made the Model Viewer close... Is it protected or something?

I've been playing around with the Leadwerks Editor and I've managed to implement my 3 Models (A Chassis plus Left and Right Tires) Are the names of those Meshes important?

For example, I opened up the Monstertruck inside the Model Viewer and from what I understood the 'Chassis' is named STATIC_MESH. I named my xxx_xxx_chassis and haven't tried to renamed it yet but I'll do after I've posted this Topic.

And as I can't open up the vehicle_viperscout.gmf could anyone give me a hint how to get the turret working? I've made a turret, pretty similar looking to the Viper except mine've got 4 Barrels. I named it 'turret' and when I load the model inside the Leadwerks Editor the turret is placed right inside the Vehicle, not on top of it where it is supposed to be?

Are there any secret bone names I'm not aware of? Any help would be appreciated! :)

Edit:

• Turret misplacement fixed!

• Model is looking good so far.

However, the Tires won't show up. Do I need the 4 Wheels to be existant in the vehicle_xxx.gmf and still have separate vehicle_xxx_tire_left.gmf and vehicle_xxx_tire_right.gmf or do I have to use some sort of bones?

Edit2:

Now that I think of it, when I looked at the vehicle_monstertruck.gmf it already had the wheels there; named "tireL1, tireL2, tireR1 and tireR2". Guess I'll give that a go.

Edit3:

I've added the Wheels and resized all components quite a bit. It's now showing up as it should. Now I need to figure out how to do with the Collision. I found some .PDF tutorials about Collision on this Website. Guess I'll read them :)

Edit4:

Okay, I checked the vehicle_monstertruck.gmf again and saw it had 5 Boxes(Probably Collision). Thus were;

• 4x Boxes covering all Wheels(Separatley).

• 1x Box covering the whole 'Scene'.

• 1x Box covering only the Chassis.

So now I know how I need to create the Collision Boxes, but what should I name them? Does it matter what I name them? I've read the Collision Tutorial, but that was abot Programming not Modeling. :)

Currently learning the basics of the Leadwerks Editor.

Okay first off, I tried to open up the vehicle_viperscout.gmf in the Model Viewer but it made the Model Viewer close... Is it protected or something?

It is a protected asset.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

It is a protected asset.

Oh okay, thanks! Any idea what to name the Bounding Boxes? And do I need any modifiers on the Bounding Boxes? :)

Edit:

Made some progress, deleted the boxes and have got some weird Collision results if I set it as a Character or anything else. Also, I'm using the GMF Exporter 2.1 which was avaible for download on the old Forums.

May this be the reason...? I'll upload a short video of the result after I've had some Dinner! :)

Edit2:

I uploaded a video of what's happening with my collisions;

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=LWGQ6713

Hope you can handle MegaVideo because I can't handle YouTube. :)

The gmf exporter 2.1 for 3ds max has problems with convex hull phy files. Try removing your phy files and recreate convex hull phy files with the converters in the tools folder.

Problem is, I haven't bought the Game Engine. Nor will I buy it unless I get to try it out throroughly. Don't wanna spend $200 on something that doesn't fit my needs.

Any other way to fix this?

Can I make my own Convex Physiques? I know what it's like, a model similar looking to the whole Entity itself though it's very Lo-Poly.

Does it need a specific name? Modifiers? Anything? :)

You can enable physics display in Editor to see where the physics collision hulls are.

editor2010041922225555.th.png

Is there a way to manually modify the Physiques file/Convex Hull Mesh? 'Cause that's what the Model looked like when I first Imported it into the Leadwerks Editor, no wheels, upside down, turret in middle of vehicle.

Edit:

Just found out that I had to follow these steps;

• Delete the physiques files that was located in the same Export Folder as my .GMF

• Tick the Convex Hull option and pick my STATIC_MESH(Chassis) as Collision Object.

• I can now collide with my Model in the Editor.

However, it won't fall down from the sky nor will it move when I hit it, it's just there plain solid. I've tried to set 1.0 to Mass, Gravity enabled and Collision Mode as Prop, Scene and Character.

Did I miss something?

Edited by Dealman

You can make a convex hull around the whole car with phygen.exe, but it would be better if you would make seperate hulls for each wheel, chassis, turret, etc...

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

You can make a convex hull around the whole car with phygen.exe, but it would be better if you would make seperate hulls for each wheel, chassis, turret, etc...

I still haven't bought the SDK :)

Anyhow, the Physiques 'Wireframe' turn red when I activate the Physiques in the Editor. So most likley some error in the Code?

Also how do I make separate hulls for each part manually?

Edit:

I've made my own Convex Hull Mesh covering the whole vehicle, and picked it for being a Convex Hull when exporting my Vehicle as a .GMF. But when I open it up in the Editor I can see the Convex Hull, also I tried adding the Physique Modifier without any success...