Git ignore for Leadwerks project

bkornienko

If you're using C++, the only thing to ignore is the "Projects/Windows/PropertySheet.props" file, as it contains the abstract path to the engine of the user who created the project. This file informs Visual Studio where the library is located, which can be different for every user. So if another user has a different path to Leadwerks or doesn't have this file at all, then the user cannot compile the project.

These are the following lines that probably need to be changed by every user:

<LeadwerksHeaderPath>C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks\Include</LeadwerksHeaderPath>
   <LeadwerksLibPath>C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks\Library</LeadwerksLibPath>

One way to work around this problem is to rename the file to "PropertySheets.changethistoprops" or something similar. Visual Studio won't pick up the file and you can use that file as a template that everybody needs to change to make the project work.

• Upvote 1

Using Leadwerks Professional Edition (Beta), mainly using C++.

Windows 10 / Linux Mint, Visual Studio 2017. GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX970, CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz

Previously known as Evayr.

Thank you for reply, Evayr!

As I have notices. Whole project has all kinds of files (like materials) which actually text files.

I have not checked whether map files is binary.

Do you have any idea which files in project tree is binary? Since I know that storing binary data in git repository not a good practice.

I don't think you can Git Ignore anything else aside from that. The .meta, .map and .pfb files are all binary but shouldn't be excluded as they are needed for either the project or the engine itself.

• Upvote 1

Using Leadwerks Professional Edition (Beta), mainly using C++.

Windows 10 / Linux Mint, Visual Studio 2017. GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX970, CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz

Previously known as Evayr.