Door rotation after rotating building

xtom

I added a swing door to a building using the SwingingDoor.lua script. I got it working pretty good and saved the building with door as a prefab but when I rotate the building to place it in a different location the swing angle on the door is off. Is there any way to keep the door swing angle relative to building. I thought making the door a child of the building in the scene tree it would do this automatically, but it seems not unless I am missing something.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

do not use the offset in script , its in world coords (relativ). move the mesh or pivot for the door to the left or right.

if u use a 3d editor move the mesh to the left or right to the world center y axis.

often a export use this world center 0,0,0 as mesh center point.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

yes, pivot should also work but don't know if u can save this combination as prefab.

u need to turn the pivot. the other objects are relativ to it.

the door is subobject.

if u use the script offset, a normal door have x offset +0.44 m or -0.44 m.

if the house wall is rotated +90 or -90 degree i remember i had exchange the x and z.

but there was no preview in scene, so i used the other way.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

I've removed it from the prefab to see if I can get the pivot working with the door. So I have...

Root

-Pivot

--Box

If I rotate the pivot in the y axis in the editor the door opens/closes so I think I have that set right. I've applied the script to the pivot and removed the script from the box but I'm still struggling to get it working. I think it might be a matter of getting the right physics options for one or both, not sure and no luck so far.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run