Mac version?

Eagle

• 1 month later...

I hope to soon. The Seattle move puts me in the proximity of a large number of competent programmers. So hopefully little things like this can be outsourced more easily.

• Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 year later...

Bought it today along with Modo Indie and Mari Indie. Will dual boot on Linux tonight. until a Mac version is released but will need to reboot into Mac and Linux back and forth since there is no Modo Indie version available for Linux.Thank you for creating such a great tool for indie developers. Looking forward for a Mac release in the near future.

I'm tentatively planning to replace the entire UI, at which point Mac support would be much more easy, and we'd have a more consistent experience on PC/Mac/Linux. I don't really want to deal with Cocoa again.

Mac is a small percentage of the market, but in developer circles it seems like it's almost becoming the standard OS over Windows.

• Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 months later...

I'd be highly interested in a mac version as well. I'd probably do a lot more development if there was a Mac Version. Right now, I hate going back and forth between windows. I could VM it I guess, but I suppose I'm being lazy ;)

Since there's a Linux version I was under the impression a Mac version would be along shortly, but it's been 2 years almost....

Coding for Christ.

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, aiaf said:

Maybe this could help , seem  khronos group trying to do something about vulkan on macOS/iOS.

https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/portability-initiative

I looked into the MoltenVK SDK a year ago but back then it was a proprietary closed-source thing. I emailed them and asked about a license I could pass on to all Leadwerks users but they wouldn't give me a straight answer. I'm guessing Valve bought it so it could be used by everybody.

This is definitely something I will consider doing now. Thanks for pointing this out.