[Closed: Offering 1 on 1 now in new thread] Beginning Lua for Leadwerks Training (Sat May 10th)

Rick

Hello all,

My name is Rick and I will be offering Beginning Lua for Leadwerks training on Saturday May 10th at 10 AM CST. I have been using Leadwerks for about 5+ years and professionally I've been programming for 13 years.

Beginning Lua For Leadwerks will touch on the basics of Lua and how Leadwerks uses Lua. It's meant for people who are a little newer to programming in general or if you want a quick overview of how Lua is used in Leadwerks.

The training will last 1 hour and I'll take questions at the end so it might go longer (30 mins of questions max though). Question are welcome throughout the training as well.

The cost is $10 and will be invoiced from Pay Pal (because I'll invoice I don't think you need a Pay Pal account but most likely some kind of credit/debit card).

I am going to host via https://www.meetingburner.com/. I believe this works on all LE platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux).

Because I'm using the free version (for now as I don't know what kind of demand there is for this) it only allows 5 participants so I'll only be taking the first 5 people who respond here asking to join the training. This will also help keep the training class small so people feel more comfortable asking questions.

If there is enough demand I'll continue doing these sessions along with different topics.

This is something new I'm trying so if anyone has ideas/thoughts/concerns I'm open to hearing about them.

Please send me a PM if you would like to join.

Thanks,

Rick

• Upvote 7

While I am interested in this, I won't be able to make it. 10 am CST is roughly 7 pm in my time zone (JST). And that's always a busy time for my family. It's a great idea though. Perhaps if there's enough demand you could also look into adopting a format that can be accessed at any time regardless of time zone, etc. A written format perhaps?

Does anyone feel like private 1 on 1 lessons would work better for them? I get the sense that we have such a diverse community that finding the right time for a group is difficult and possibly people are more timid in a group setting. Maybe it's better to switch to a more private 1 on 1 training class.

I'll give this a few more days to see who is interested and if I can't get the full 5 I'll do 1 on 1 classes. I could do videos but I really want to give a more personal touch to the training. There are already videos out there but I know a lot of times I have questions even with the videos that I'm not able to ask a real person at that time of having the question. That's the gap I'm trying to really fill here.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone feel like private 1 on 1 lessons would work better for them? I get the sense that we have such a diverse community that finding the right time for a group is difficult and possibly people are more timid in a group setting. Maybe it's better to switch to a more private 1 on 1 training class.

I'll give this a few more days to see who is interested and if I can't get the full 5 I'll do 1 on 1 classes. I could do videos but I really want to give a more personal touch to the training. There are already videos out there but I know a lot of times I have questions even with the videos that I'm not able to ask a real person at that time of having the question. That's the gap I'm trying to really fill here.

One on one lessons I would be interested in. Very much so interested.